Sunday, August 4, 2024

What’s In It For Me?

At the end of Field of Dreams, Ray finally has to ask, “What’s in it for me?”. Yes, it was his whiny, selfish moment, but it needed to be asked. It finally let him find out what his whole journey was about. 
I recently had a similar moment. I had to choose between a possible financially beneficial job change, or stay where I was and step out in faith. God was more than clear that I needed to stay. But that still didn’t stop me from asking, “What’s in it for me?”. 

So what did I find out?

1. I get to continue to rely upon God for my provision instead of being self-sufficient. (God has been providing for us all these years. Seems a shame to stop now.)

2. I get to be a foundation stone as we rebuild. (It’s actually nice to be needed.) 

3. I get to lay up treasure in heaven instead of building a corruptible kingdom on Earth. 

4. I get to be a help to others. 

5. I get to see lived changed on a daily basis. 

6.I get to do what I love. 

Yesterday the cheerleaders were practicing. As I walked by reviewing my “1000 things to do today” list in my head, two of the young ladies yelled, Hi Mr. Cross! Later, two of the football players walked by and said “Hey, Mr. Cross”. They noticed me and were happy enough to see me and send a greeting! 
Ya, that’s what’s in it for me. 😊

Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭103‬:‭1‬-‭5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

No comments:

Post a Comment